NAGASE Group Basic Policy for Personal Data Processing
To ensure that the processing of personal data by the NAGASE Group is lawful, transparent, fair and secure, officers and employees of the NAGASE Group should comply with this Policy and each NAGASE Group's internal rules.
1. Purpose Specification Principle
The purpose of collecting personal data should be specified and clear and its use should be consistent with the purpose of collection.
2. Use Limitation Principle
Collected personal data should not be used for any purpose other than those explained at the time of collection, except with the consent of the data subject, in accordance with the provisions of law, or for any other legitimate grounds.
3. Collection Limitation Principle
Personal data should be collected by appropriate means and collected and used to a minimum extent in light of the purposes described at the time of collection.
4. Data Quality Principle
Personal data should be accurate, complete, and kept up-to-date, and should be to the extent necessary for the purposes.
5. Security Safeguards Principle
The risk of personal data processing operations should be assessed, reasonable security measures commensurate with the risk should be taken, and personal data should be protected from loss or destruction and from unauthorized or illegal use, correction, disclosure, etc.
6. Openness Principle
The purpose of use, the content of the data, the controller, the disclosure destination, etc. related to the processing of personal data should be clearly indicated to the data subject.
7. Individual Participation Principle
The data subject should be made aware of the location and content of the data relating to such data subject, and in principle should be guaranteed the right to request disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use.
8. Accountability Principle
The controller of personal data should be responsible for demonstrating compliance with the law.
Personal Data Protection Policy
Last updated: June 10, 2022
Nagase ChemteX Corporation (“NAGASE” or “we”) appreciates your visit to our website (our “Website”) and your interest in NAGASE, NAGASE Group, our services, and products. “NAGASE Group” means subsidiaries and affiliates of NAGASE & CO., LTD. set out in “NAGASE Group” section on the Website of NAGASE & CO., LTD (https://www.nagase.co.jp/english/company/group/).
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to reference to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
“Process” or “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
Data We Collect About You
We may Process different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes name, country, company, position, employer number, user account data, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes, email address, telephone numbers, office location address, billing address, delivery address.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, date and time of your access, time zone setting and location, browser type and version, your device identifies, your internet or wireless service provider and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
We do not collect following data from you:
- race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, record as a criminal victim
- physical handicap, intellectual handicap, mental disorder
- results of medical examination and other examination
- health guidance, medical treatment / dispensing information
- proceedings concerning criminal cases such as arrest and search, having the data subject as the suspect or the accused
- proceedings concerning protection cases of juveniles such as protective dispositions, having the data subject as a juvenile delinquent person or a person suspected to be a juvenile delinquent
How We Collect Your Data
We use different methods to collect Personal Data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by exchanging business card, sending emails or filling in forms or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, we (and service providers acting on our behalf) will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Technical Data by using Cookies, web beacons or other similar tools. Web browsers are usually set by default to accept Cookies (including web beacons) but you may easily change this by modifying the settings of your browser. However, please note that should you choose to disable Cookies, you may be unable to use part of the functions of this Website.
How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services(https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en)
Google Analytics Terms of Service (https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/)
Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/?hl=en)
We will process your Personal Data when the applicable law allows us to. Most commonly, we will process your Personal Data in the following circumstances, to the extent permitted by the applicable law:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
Where applicable data protection laws require us to obtain your consent to such Processing of your Personal Data, we will ask for your consent. If you wish to withdraw your consent to Process your Personal Data, please contact us as set forth in the “Legal Rights with Regard to Your Personal Data ” section.
Purposes for Which We Will Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data on the lawful basis above for the following purposes:
- Notify and greet based on social customs.
- Provide you with information, products or services.
- Enter into contracts with you and perform our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Fulfill customer inquiries and respond to any problems that may arise, such as difficulties in navigating our Website or accessing certain features.
- Send samples, price quotations, products, and information.
- Develop new products and services.
- Send you newsletters, features, promotional material, surveys, and other updates.
- Analyze your interests based on your browsing history or buying history on our Website.
- Send you emails and/or postal messages with information about the brand and other content of NAGASE Group we think may be of interest to you.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including interest-based advertising.
- Personalize your experience on our Website by presenting products and information tailored to you.
- Evaluate and administer products and services of NAGASE Group.
- Gauge our customers' trends to determine what products and services are popular with our customers.
- Provide information relating to NAGASE Group’s business activities and for exchange of such information.
- Provide services relating to or connected to services other than those described above.
- Share your Personal Data among NAGASE Group for the purposes listed above or for administrative purposes inside NAGASE Group.
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may disclose certain categories of your Personal Data as may be necessary for the purposes stated above when the applicable law allows us:
- To NAGASE Group.
- To our service providers with the appropriate management and supervision including those providing us with cloud computing, customer relation management, marketing automation, advertising, messaging or other application, business travel arrangement, courier, receptionist, conference/event arrangement, hospitality, accommodation.
- To a party that merge or acquire part or all of our business or assets.
NAGASE & CO., LTD. (for its address and representative, please see https://www.nagase.co.jp/english/company/profile/) is responsible for the management of Personal Data shared among NAGASE Group. In order to request disclosure of your Personal Data shared among NAGASE Group, or to make inquiries or complaints regarding the use of such information, please contact us from the web page titled “Inquiries” (https://www.nagase.co.jp/english/contact/) or send a letter to the following address:
NAGASE & CO., LTD.
We may also disclose your Personal Data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To protect life, body, or property, and when it is difficult to obtain consent of the data subject.
- To enhance public hygiene or promote sound upbringing of children, and when it is difficult to obtain a consent of the data subject.
We may transfer your Personal Data to countries whose data protection laws are not as comprehensive as those from where you are based, because of business globalization. When we transfer Personal Data overseas, we have put in place appropriate safeguards, such as contractual commitments (using the format required under applicable data protection law, if any), in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your Personal Data is adequately protected.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
Legal Rights with Regard to Your Personal Data
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to your Personal Data that you have provided. Based on the applicable law to your Personal Data, you may have the right to request access, correction, erasure, object to Processing, restriction of Processing your Personal Data, stop to transfer, withdraw consent. To exercise your rights, please contact us from the web page titled “Inquiries” https://www.nagasechemtex.co.jp/en/inquiry/index.html ) or send a letter to the following address:
Nagase ChemteX Corporation
Corporate Planning Office
236 Tatsunocho-Nakai, Tatsuno-shi, Hyogo,
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission at our Website and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data collected by us against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of Processing of your Personal Data in our possession.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. NAGASE cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. NAGASE also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to Contact Us
Alternatively, you can contact us in writing at:
Nagase ChemteX Corporation
Corporate Planning Office
236 Tatsunocho-Nakai, Tatsuno-shi, Hyogo,