Nagase ChemteX Corporation has adopted "defending human dignity" as our basic philosophy in all of our business activities, and we actively undertake occupational health and safety activities, and promote continuous improvement and the creation of a safe, happy, and comfortable workplace.
Occupational Health and Safety Policies
- All of our workers work together to promote a workplace that puts safety first and is free of accidents and injuries.
- We strive to remove the causes of injuries and disease from our workplace, thus creating an environment where employees can work safely and in good health.
- We adhere to all laws and regulations related to occupational health and safety, with other requirements that we have agreed to.
- We expand and execute this policy to include targets, perform periodic reviews, and implement continuous improvements to our activities and results.
- We will improve safety and health issues by discussing them with employees through the Labor-Management Council and the Safety and Health Committee.
- We introduce the appropriate management resources to effectively utilize occupational health and safety management systems.
- We thoroughly disseminate this policy to all employees and subcontractors, and also publish it externally.
- We are aware that our workplace is a chemical factory that handles dangerous and harmful substances; therefore, our workers handle their responsibilities with utmost care and safety.
- We aim to eliminate or minimize health and safety risks through risk assessments and activities that curb potentially dangerous incidents.
- We conduct education and training to notify all employees of this policy and its targets and create awareness of our obligations.
- We conduct health-promoting activities that include mental health.
We are undertaking activities that provide a strong feeling of security for our employees, their families, the people who live near us, and our customers by advancing our occupational health and safety management systems to the next level.
We are thankful for your many years of sincere cooperation and look forward to your continued support in the future.
Acquisition of ISO 45001 Certification
Harima Plant/Sakai Plant
Nagase ChemteX Corporation aims to build a comfortable work environment that is safe both for the mind and body by giving priority above all else to the safety of people working at our company, practicing the ethos of "safety first," which is the basis of our company activities. Based on the above recognition, the Harima Plant and Sakai Plant obtained OHSAS 18001 certification on December 14, 2012, after an audit by the Japan Quality Assurance Organization. Later, when ISO 45001 was issued as an international standard, we underwent a transition audit and obtained ISO 45001 certification on November 20, 2020. We will continue to set the ideal state of the Harima Plant and Sakai Plant as our ""Basic Philosophy"" and formulate its operation as our ""Industrial Health and Safety Policy."" Based on this policy, we will clarify risks and challenges, set targets for the business site and each department, and continue our efforts to establish bright and comfortable workplaces.
- ISO 45001 Management System Registration Certificate